Re: Why we will never find a good version of 3.3 (and what's wrong with WCAG 2.0)

At 3:13 AM -0700 2001/8/20, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>If it were up to me, I would break out nav and comp and make three
>guidelines: WCAG, WCNG, and WCCG, for Accessibility, Navigability, and
>Comprehensibility respectively. If we did this, I expect that WCAG would be
>slightly smaller, WCNG would be of moderate size, and WCCG would be as large
>or larger than the current guidelines. That's how much attention
>comprehensibility deserves (hell, needs).
>OK, everyone gasp and yell "NO WAY!"
>This is important, so I will start a new thread for it. And yes, I'm
>serious.

I don't think I'll yell that.  It's an intriguing suggestion, but
perhaps you are actually describing three different sections of WCAG
2.0 -- instead of the current guidelines now.  In other words it might
be possible to include this within one document's structure, but maybe
not THIS document we're working on right now.

I also agree with you that it doesn't seem like a checkpoint because it
just states a principle instead of telling what to do or how to do it.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison