Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?

Kynn,

         I truly appreciate your efforts to cool this type of exchange. I
feel asleep last night wondering how someone who taught people to read for
almost twenty-five years could be accused of having an anti-text bias. I
apologize for any note that hit the list that showed any "mood" expression.
They were not of my choosing, and since I couldn't figure out how to
control it, just blew away the mood watch completely. There will be no
chili peppers on anything I write.

         I've put a lot more time with this group this summer, and I hope I
was at least a little helpful in some of the actual writing of the
guidelines. On Wednesday, we start back for the new year, and the
Guidelines group will share my time with my young students. I hope to
continue working on crafting the text of the guidelines, as well as
illustrating them so they are comprehensible to a wider audience. I am much
more "techie" than most teachers and I struggle to understand the
guidelines as they are now. They still seem to pose obstacles to making
pages accessible to both disabled adults and school children, and I have no
clue how to resolve the problems. I look forward to the day when I can
share the guidelines with others in my field. Each re-write seems to bring
us closer.

                                                         Anne

At 06:42 PM 8/18/01 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 2:15 PM -0700 2001/8/18, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>>Oops! You've given yourself away, Anne. You are biased against text.
>>[...]
>>As I see it, you've just disqualified yourself from being taken seriously.
>>Most of the members of this group are non-partisan. We are trying to ensure
>>equal treatment for all. You, on the other hand, are clearly a partisan.
>
>But people PLEASE let's avoid attaching labels or bashing on each other
>in attempts to discredit one side or another?  This goes for Anne as
>for anyone else.
>
>Please, no more name-calling, no more "aha I've EXPOSED you!", no more
>partisanship from anyone.  Try to understand and value each person's
>viewpoint, even if you don't agree.
>
>--Kynn
>
>Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
>Technical Developer Liaison
>Reef North America
>Accessibility - W3C - Integrator Network
>Tel +1 949-567-7006
>BUSINESS IS DYNAMIC. TAKE CONTROL.
>http://www.reef.com

Anne Pemberton