Re: Proposal deriving from checkpoint 2.1

Wendy,

         "Provide a variety of interaction modes" deserve your jargon
alert! From the uses I make of the web, I consider "interaction" to be the
various shockwave/flash games, puzzles, quizzes, slide shows, and
input/output schemes that are the joy of the kids!  And yes, I would love
to see more of these .... but somehow I don't think that is what everyone
is envisioning ... Or is it?

                                         Anne

At 01:52 PM 8/3/01 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>2.1 used to read:  2.1 Provide more than one path or method to find content.
>I propose that for the next draft, we include both checkpoints - as
>discussed yesterday.  However, the success criteria for 2.1 (more than one
>navigation mechanism) needs a note similar to what we are doing for the
>input errors checkpoint.
>
>I'm still not sure that this really captures the issue.  The "what" is
>that people interact with content in different ways, therefore you ought
>to facilitate the various interaction modes in order to benefit the widest
>range of users.
>
>Could we just say that?  "Provide a variety of interaction modes"  (jargon
>alert!)  This is similar to "Provide a variety of presentation modes"
>which is basically what 3.4 boils down to.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>--wendy

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com