RE: Java scripts

Two questions have been asked.

First, Lisa asked if we have created a baseline where we expect all users
to have browsers with X, Y, and Z capabilities.  It is an open issue that
can be looked at in a couple of ways:

1. the until user agents issue: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20-issues.html#15
2. ua-specific conformance claims - this is a recommendation on how to deal
with the problems: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20-issues.html#31
3. device-capabilities: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20-issues.html#40

This was on the agenda for the F2F, but we didn't get far on it.  The
Agenda is available at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2001/06/f2f-agenda.html
the preliminary minutes are available at (note that Gregory has sent the
rest of the minutes but I have not finished integrating them yet since I
was focusing on getting the latest drafts out):
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2001/06/21-f2f-minutes.html

Secondly, Steven asks what has been done in regards to scripts.  Jonathan
Chetwynd just went through the IG and WCAG archives to collect the most
recent wisdom shared on those lists.  Also, there is a sub-group of people
who met at the February 2001 F2F meeting.  The minutes from that meeting
are available at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2001/03/02-f2f-minutes.html#From3

I will be working on a draft based on:
1. those minutes
2. the information Jonathan has collected
3. the info from a case study i did a couple years ago
http://www.w3.org/2000/08/wcag-dhtml/
4. What we already have in the HTML Techniques document from WCAG 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-HTML-TECHS-20000920/#scripts

Many people have expressed interest in helping with a client-side scripting
techniques document.  I want to get an initial draft together and then we
can begin moving forward with it.  I will look forward to your valuable,
experienced input, Steven!

Be well,
--wendy

--