RE: guideline 7.1 about screen flickering (fwd)

At 2:37 PM -0400 2001/7/24, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I don't think that this image is OK, unless the group feels that the "until
>user agents" part of the checkpoint means it is no onger applicable. It moves
>at something between 5 and 25 Hz in my viewer, and may preset problems with
>concentration or photosensitive epilepsy.

I think objections to "problems with concentration" are specious and show
a lack of understanding as to how visual communication is supposed to
work.

Some things are -meant- to be "distracting."  It is a -design feature-
that animated banners draw your eye.  They are -meant- to do that, and
it is the intent of the author that they do so.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison