Re: an action item :)

Clearly it is possible to control some environmental circumstances. Equally
clearly, not all, and for many reasons. I t would be possible to moe the
kiosk to the library where it is quiet, but if it is providing information
about the trains then the most useful place to have it is at the station,
noise and all, out in the open where people can use it with a minimum of
fuss.

The point was really whether or not we should mention scenarios which are the
same as accessibility requirements.

Actually I think it would be useful to do this the other way around,
explaining that it is possible to imagine some disability-related scenarios
in terms of more familiar environments. For example, it is difficult to read
a lot of text on a road sign you are driving past - if there isn't an
illustration to give you an idea of whether it is worth reading, most people
simply drive straight past. Or the idea that trying to use a cell phone to
find information or services on the web is a little like having a highly
magnified screen, set to high contrast, and having a simplified keyboard.

But except as a way of helping people to understand what the requirements are
for accessibility, I prefer to see these additional benefits in material
produced by the Education / Outreach group to promote the guidelines, rather
than in the guidelines themselves.

cheers

Charles McCN