Re: Layout tables

At 5:26 AM -0800 3/9/01, William Loughborough wrote:
>At 11:15 AM 3/9/01 +0100, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>>So basically you are saying it's the job of GL to create
>>unreasonable guidelines
>Is that what I'm saying.
>I'm sorry.

It's what it sounds like you're saying.  Feel free to adjust the
presentation of your message so that when it bounces through a
reasonable listener (defined as "me") it actually says what you
mean to say.

>Maybe that's what you're saying I'm saying?

Undoubtedly so.

>I might say that "Kynn" rhymes with "spin"

Huh?  What exactly do you think I'm "spinning"?  This is yet another
time in which people obliquely have implied I've got some sort of
agenda or _something_, but I really think some of you people just
don't want to hear anyone disagree with anything you say.

>but that doesn't really mean that you really think that it's not
>"reasonable" to point out that style sheets are a hipper way to
>handle presentational elements than are things that are in such
>widespread use that they must be
>discovered/examined/argued/modified/+ while we should be practicing
>the violin?

There's a difference between "pointing out that stylesheets are
hipper" and saying "we don't care if reliable CSS support exists, we
are just going to say 'use it' and damn the implementations!"

You lost me about the time you started using multiple/words/separated/
by/slashes and made references to violins, William.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/