Re: Don't require <Q>

I agree to go with this "until user agents" clause qualifying
requirement/example/suggestion (whatever it is) for <Q> for WCAG 1.0.

As for WCAG 2.0, I suggest that absence of user agent support is another
one of those external considerations (a.k.a. "considerations X") that are
not accessibility per se, like security, intellectual property, or extreme
difficulty.  So in WCAG 2.0, we on the one hand say that use of Q is needed
at some priority level for accessibility, but on the other hand allow it to
not be used because of this external consideration. This would be part of
the conformance criteria for which Kynn is writing requirements.

Also, regarding the thread about 508 under this subject heading-- I suggest
moving that discussion to Trace's sec508 email list [1].  I think it was my
passing reference to 508 in my original email that started that thread and
I'll be more careful in the future.

Len

[1] http://trace.wisc.edu:8080/guest/listutil/SEC508

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/