Re: Structure of the guidelines: four options to consider

At 10:37 AM 1/9/01 +1100, Jason White wrote:
>concerns were raised that two quite distinct issues were being confusingly
>brought together

Since IMO "confusingly" isn't in the hunt, I have no qualms about combining
"comprehension" with "browsing/navigating" - OTOH if it really disturbs
anyone it's pretty much OK to soothe their concerns.

I also think device-independence and interoperability/compatability are
joinable. Again if that wedding makes people uncomfortable then I'll
"forever keep my peace".

Finally I would vote for two and be delighted to accept three or four and
vote against any more than that.

I also would hope that whatever motion carries will become the set of
receptacles for all the checkpoints to be deposited in and that we can
write "finis" to that phase of the discussion and get on with editing their
language to perfection so that we can craft the admirable
techniques/examples in time for the next harvest!

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE