Re: Accessibility vs. consideration X: how to handle

Basically, yes, those are the requirements this particular straw proposal
addresses.

Might want to change the words "preserve compatibility"  though.  That's
because there's a subtle difference between the single, double, triple A in
the scheme I proposed, and WCAG 1.0,  in that they are based on difficulty
of access rather than "must" "should" "may".  I don't know if the words
"preserve compatibility" gives enough wiggle room for that shift.    Also
"preserve compatibilty" doesn't parse because wcag 1 introduced
conformance; it wasn't compaible with anything earlier; so there isn't
anything to "preserve"  (you can only preserve what already exists).

How about "maximize compatibility"?

If the above is opaque, then the difference probably isn't worth discussing
for this level of requirements.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/