RE: [resolved?] RE: natural language checkpoint for WCAG2 GL1

Sorry, you misunderstood.

I wasn't suggesting that any text NOT be marked.   Gregory's version asks
that all changes be marked no matter how small.    But the wording sounds
like "mark the content --- and mark any changes from that".  Which is what I
think we want.

The version Wendy proposed sounds like.  "mark each block of content with
the appropriate language"  which sounds like you would mark  English at the
beginning of a page and then say "End English" just before the two words of
French.  Then mark the French as start and stop.  Then mark the following
English as start English  (unless you nested the language tags).   This is
not of course what is intended so I thought Gregory's text sounded better
because it sounded more like what was actually done.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Depts of Ind. and Biomed. Engr. - U of Wis.
Director - Trace R & D Center
Gv@trace.wisc.edu, http://trace.wisc.edu/
FAX 608/262-8848
For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu