RE: 12 April 2001 WCAG WG Minutes

Charles and Emmanuelle,

	Thank you for your comments. I finally got the example page as I want it,
and it is in the newest version I hung on
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/guidelines/G3
The new details show a topical illustration and page (site?) controls for
background sound, or anything else that needs to be turned off or on.
Also shows a graphic and sound files as a section of the page ...

Can anyone think of anything else that should be on the basic sample page?

Goop was my mother-in-law's recipe ... it has as many variations as you
have creative ideas. Got hungry while I was writing, so I made some Goop.
Interesting when I read Emmanuelle's comments about the microwave since I
don't usually use the mic in making it myself, but thought it simplified
the directions a bit. I actually mix the tomatoes into the cheese sauce,
heat a bit gently, then pour the whole over the macaroni. And, I do need to
be reminded that I am doing this for an international audience - a
microwave is pretty basic for my generation ...

	Charles, I imagine that cookbook was fun, and would be a good model for
what should be done to illustrate a set of directions well. Off and on I
think about putting together a cookbook, but folks who know my cooking
skills just laugh!

	After I have the basic illustrations, we should think about making a
collection of sites that demonstrate some of what we want done (It is
highly unlikely we will find well-illustrated sites that are also
"accessible" in all ways), and link them below the illustrations.
Illustrating directions could be that cookbook of yours (if it's public),
the Ikea site with the flash demo of how to put together a bookcase, etc.
For illustrating academic stuff, I just recently re-discovered the British
Museum site for Ancient Egypt, which is even better now than a year ago!

	Thanks for all the help and keep it coming ...

					Anne

I will re-do the set of pages for 3.1 to show consistency in the layout,
navigation controls, etc. The original conveyed the idea but was too simple
in what it showed - little more than the navigational controls at the
bottom, illustrations in about the same places on each page, and a glossary
in the basic set.