Re: Conformance Logo in Markup

At 09:19 AM 12/30/2000 , Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>I'm pretty sure that would be more compehensive than having a little logo
>on the bottom of the page: it could link to an EDL statement. You can make
>up your own RDF statement, such is the beauty of RDF.

It's certainly more comprehensive, but it's far less usable and
visible for what we want it to do.

The main point of the compliance logo, from our standpoint, is that
it is a PR tool which raises awareness of accessibility issues.  The
secondary function is that it may help people with disabilities
recognize if a site is usable by them (although the effectiveness of
this function is questionable).  In a tertiary sense, it's there as
an ego-booster/reward/public recognition for web designers who make
their sites accessible.

An RDF statement only matches the second function, and it only matches
it in _theory_, not practice, as few people with disabilities have
hardware or software which processes RDF effectively.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Sr. Engineering Project Leader, Reef-Edapta       http://www.reef.com/