Re: Checkpoint on testability

At 08:47 AM 12/22/2000 , Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> > This would allow, for example, a techniques document on "using
> > adaptive transformations to satisfy WCAG 2.0", one on "using
> > XHTML and CSS to satisfy WCAG 2.0" etc.
>
>So a whole pallette of Techniques tools is enviaged for WCAG 2.0? If so,
>then excellent. It really points to the interoperability of the Web and its
>technologies. That's what the WCAG Techniques should be: an
>"Interoperability Suite". To use that over used quote again, "Excellent,
>it's all falling into place..."

To the best of my knowledge, yes -- I believe the current plans
are for a number of techniques documents to be written, and for
them to be technology specific, and for them to, effectively,
"interpret" the set-in-stone "normative" guidelines for each specific
technology set.

I hope this is still the case as I think that it's a marvelous
plan. :)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta               http://www.edapta.com/