Re: Basic Access Principles for Electronic and Information Technologies

Greg,

    From first study, it looks like a very comprehensive document. I would
suggest one addition (which may need to be restated elsewhere. In the first
table, under "How - General" you say:

>FOR INFORMATION:
>Make all information available either in
>
>a) presentation independent form (e.g., electronic text) that can be
presented (rendered) in any sensory form (e.g. visual-print,
auditory-speech, tactile-braille)

The presentation needs to be rendered in both visual-print and
visual-graphics to cover both needs of visual people. It's good to add
these users to the list of Who, but they need a corresponding How.

				Anne

At 08:44 PM 12/21/00 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>Here is a document I have been working on for some time (before WCAG 2.0)
>The goal was to create a one page summary of access principles and
>approaches.
>
>It is not limited to WEB.   It is intended to be broader in nature.  You
>will note the parallel with WCAG 2.0 though.
>It is passed on for general interest - and for any comments or thoughts.
>It is very much an work in progress.  Looking forward to your comments.
>Gregg
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eud-eagle\attach\Basic Access Principles-
master12.htm"

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling