Re: Checkpoint on testability

At 5:16 PM -0500 12/21/00, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:
>Per my action item from last call here's a first cut at a new guideline:
>
>Guideline X.  Design for so that testability can most easily be verified.
>Pages should be designed to minimize amount of human effort needed
>to confirm accessibility.

I find this to be questionable in that it may not be possible in a
fully CC/PP-driven, dynamic presentation model.

In other words, it may be hard for someone who is not using specific
hardware/software/environments/preferences to confirm accessibility
for someone who _is_, because different presentations are delivered.

This seems a bit like a meta-issue rather than an actual accessibility
issue; it doesn't actually affect the accessibility of the content
but rather someone's ability to evaluate that accessibility.  I am not
convinced that those are on the same level of requirement, or even
that this -needs- to be included in our guidelines.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/