Re: Structure Again!

At 10:48 AM 11/28/00 -0000, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>correctly. The WAP world is already complaining about the complexity handed
>down from HTML and CSS.

Well, from my point of view the WAP world isn't "the web". The instrument
can access a very small part of the web, and lacks "accessibility" to those
with limited vision and those who need help with text. Don't know that you
can use a speech reader (or similar) device with WAP.

>> And all of this is just about the text accessibility of the web, not the
>> accessibility of the web in general.
>
>My point is that Web trends and accessibility are intrinsically linked. The
>fact is that the Web is becoming more accessible by design, and I won't let
>anything get in the way of that if I can help it.

"Accessible by design" for whom? Are there any features of your vision of
the "accessible web" that are useful or beneficial for the non-text people?

				Anne

PS: Even graphical "pure art" has meaning or it wouldn't exist, just as
"pure art" in text, e.g. poetry, has meaning.
Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling
apembert@crosslink.net