Re: Comments on 21 November draft

At 01:10 PM 11/23/00 +1100, Jason White wrote:
>. Unfortunately, these important ideas are often unknown to, or
>misunderstood by those who do not approach the web with a background in
>SGML, and hence we need to explain the concepts as clearly as possible.

We could explain as clearly as has ever been done in the history of
communication and, by itself this would not have much effect. Only a
miniscule percentage of people preparing Web sites even understand the
notion of "structure" in the sense we use it. In many cases they don't even
acknowledge its importance.

We must pay a lot of attention to how the guidelines/checkpoints impact
authoring tools and how conformance can be objectively determined.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE