Re: Minutes from 16 November 2000 WCAG WG telecon

At 12:11 AM 11/21/00 -0000, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
*However*, if that presentation
>is inherent in the markup itself, it is vey hard to override. I'm not saying
>it's impossible, but it is often close to impossible.

But it is possible. The goal then is to make is easier to do?

 By using semantic
>markup, the USER can define what they want a particular meaning to be
>displayed as.

What are background and font called in semantic markup?
How do they vary from the HTML commands in whatever HTML markup is called?
Is CSS the only way to achieve this? the best way? or one of several ways?
What happens for a user who never heard of or doesn't use a style sheet?
What if it's a user with an old browser? or using the web on a tv?

Has anyone looked into the new features in Dreamweaver? Do they offer any
solution to this problem?

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1