Re: Model template for techniques?

At 4:50 PM -0500 11/17/00, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>I shake in my shoes imagining collecting information for every
>browser and assistive technology for every element and attribute,
>yet if we had this as a template and asked people to submit
>different pieces of it (ala the database that we discussed at the
>face to face meeting) perhaps it would be doable.

Just out of curiosity, I recall reading a news story about some
large number (millions?) of U.S. dollars being granted to the WAI.
I'm thinking it would be cool if some of it could be used to fund
a project by eager grad students to get a project like this completed,
but I suppose that is just wishful thinking on my part.

As a better idea, we have a number of companies who have specifically
pledged to make positive steps forward to increase the accessibility
of their products to users with disabilities.  They even wrote a letter
to the President.  Maybe we should provide them with a form to complete
that gathers this type of information, as a starting point.  If they
are not serious about supporting accessibility projects, then they might
want to consider retracting their support letters.  Gosh, that would
be embarrassing.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>