FW: Irregular fonts and I18N

--

I do not see how any of the issues of BILI are covered by this.

We know how to make a logical architecture, we know how to support
internationalization. The problem is that most browsers do not support it.
(except IE5) So to "transform gracefully" as per our requirements, our
current recommendation to this large section  of the globe is: Do your site
in a visual architecture, but link to an alternative site in a logical
architecture.

This is no good.

Firstly the link itself would have to be in the logical architecture to be
accessible, in which case it will come out backwards to everyone else!

backwards.

We can not ask web designers to mess up their site like that. Unless of
course we recommend that they put the text in a bitmap - I do not even want
to start with that :)

Then (if that was not enough) creating a logical architecture involves
redoing all the formatting, layout etc and transcribing each letter to left
to right from a right to left direction. EACH LETTER!

In other words we are adding an overhead of perhaps 500% up, of the time to
make an accessible site.

Not acceptable. To me it is like saying that there are no WAI for BILI.

And that is also not OK.

I am still working on SVG and Steady State Software are trying to help.

But I think it deserves more attention.

Anyway thanks for the try,