Re: guideline 2

At 02:28 PM 11/2/2000 , Lisa Seeman wrote:
>Proposal for guideline 2:
>"Confine and capture the structure in the markup or data model"

I'm not sure I like the "restrictive" connotations in that word
choice, nor do I understand what the specific point of using
either is.

What about

"Clearly define the structure of the content"

>and then,
>"Separate content from structure"

I think we need to be careful about the word "separate" here,
as the "separate content and presentation" mantra has been
misinterpreted.  We might mean "delineate."

>could be a check point, as could
>"Define significant structural or semantic distinctions in the markup or
>data model"

How is the guideline different from this second checkpoint and
how do they differ from the first checkpoint?  I'm confused
by the simplicity. :)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta               http://www.edapta.com/