RE: A tithe of pages: towards an animated browsing environment

[snip]
> On the other hand, there is the Lily Frog site created at
> Va.Tech ... http://www.ext.vt.edu/resources/4h/lillyfrog/
> which became a successful lesson on the wetlands
> environment and habitat for my 2nd grade
> teachers doing their first online lesson!

I imagine the average kindergarten to be lucky to have a 28k modem.  If I
caculated it right, that story would take about 15 minutes to load!  Can you
image what your browsing experince would be like if this was typical for any
given site?  (Let alone, ten minutes for any given page!)