RE: Some concrete suggestions Re: Cognitive issues (was Re: woodcutter)

At 02:40 AM 4/7/00 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Another thing that seems pretty concrete (and was first proposed by Jonathan
>months ago):
>
>Designate an image as a link for a website. For many companies this is easy-
>they already use a logo graphic throughout their site as a link to the front
>of it.

Do you mean that companies can provide the image as metadata for their
site? Then the search engines or browsers showing links as text to the
sites could alternative provide the image? And that could be controlled by
the user settings?

Companies who provide the image would have the benefit of being more easily
spotted from a long list of links. So they probably would like to do that.

Marja