Re: mistake in web page

I believe the intent here was to say something like:
"Also, synthesized speech is (may be) critical for people with the speaking
difficulties that sometimes accompany cognitive disabilities, learning
disabilities (?), and deafness."

Perhaps the confusion could be fixed simply by saying:
"Synthesized speech is critical for individuals who are blind and for many
people with the reading or speaking difficulties that often accompany
cognitive disabilities, learning disabilities, and deafness." ,
although this might be too convoluted to be entirely clear.

Maybe a separate sentence is indeed needed.

Regards,
Chuck Letourneau

At 30/08/99 11:03 AM , keren beth moses wrote:

>Here's one mistake in the w3c accessibility guidelines:
>
>"Synthesized speech is critical for individuals who are blind and for many
>people with the reading difficulties that often accompany cognitive
>disabilities, learning disabilities, and deafness."  (Guideline 1)
>
>Maybe just too much info in one sentence, but it implies that synthesized
>speech is critical for the deaf.
>
>-- Keren

----
Starling Access Services