Re: ZDnet has an accessibilty section!

At 11:02 AM 7/28/1999 -0500, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

>what a pleasant surprise!  check it out:
>http://www.zdnet.com/devhead/filters/accessibility/
>
>I haven't read all of the articles, but i'm impressed that it's a major
>category on their navigation bar!

Wendy, I checked out the site, and read some of the titles. One of the
articles disturbed me rather much. "Disabling Web Barriers" had a subtitle
that said "incresing use of dynamic content, multimedia advances could foil
disabled users ability to surf the net." In the article it said that the
considerations for access to the web applied to both physically and
cognitively impaired folks. No where in the article did it even suggest
that multi-media advances would enable surfing by increasing numbers of
cognitively-disabled folks, but instead implied that progress would impede
use by "the disabled".

Not a "pleasant" surprise at all....

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton