RE: Fw: Checkpoint 3.3

The Guidelines document was written to be as general as possible to cover
the principles of accessible design across tehcnologies.  We put the
implementation details in the Techniques document.  The working group also
wanted the guidelines to be as timeless as possible.  Thus, we mention
specific technologies only in checkpoint examples and explain which
technology we are referring to specifically (HTML, e.g.).

however, since the techniques document is meant to clarify each checkpoint
for a variety of languages, it is organized by technology (HTML, CSS, ...)
and within each technological chapter organized appropriate to that
technology.  Thus the HTML chapter is organized similar to the HTML4 spec.

The checklist of checkpoints is organized similar to the techniques doc -
we've grouped checkpoints that are related to similar types of structure
and use.

Thus, you will find that 11.1 is included in the "General" category.  I
propose that if you would like to reorganize a document according to
technologies, then you start with the checklist, and then the techniques
document.

In other words, I don't think reorganizing the checkpoints as you've
suggested is the best proposal.  I think something along the lines of
Judy's proposal is more appropriate.

I also want to highlight something Judy said, 11.1 applies to many of the
checkpoints and therefore moving it into a guideline that is more specific
would break other checkpoints.
--wendy