RE: QUESTIONS on resolutions stated in Minutes from 23 March teleconference.

I don't think the guidelines should not be neutral on the issue of marking
certain elements for semantic function or relationships.  I think the
guidelines should indicate that this is an important way for improving
accessibility for some types of disabilities.  The details of how to
indicate relationships and function, I agree should be in a techniques
document.  I think semantic function and relationships will even become a
more important issue as XML usage  increases.  I think it would be a good
idea to get people thinking this way.
Jon

At 08:27 PM 3/24/99 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>Hi Jon,
>
>It is mentioned in the techniques doc, but not in the guidelines doc.  Only
>the Guidelines Doc are going to "recommendation". The techniques doc is an
>accompanying doc.  Hence the confusion with saying that it will be included
>in the techniques but will not be in the recommendation.
>
>This type of detail is not generally in the guidelines.. but is found in the
>techniques doc.
>
>Gregg

>Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
>Professor - Human Factors