RE: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

Perhaps a list of specific do's and don't would be useful.

For example, the priority 1 problem you mention often occurs when color is
used as a referent, as in:
"Please select an item from those listed in green".

This problem is easily avoided by using additional referents or leaving out
the color referent:
"Please select an item from the 'Expensive' category, listed in green".
-or-
"Please select an item from the 'Expensive' category".

Colors as sole referents are defintely a candidate for the "don'ts". There
are probably many variations of this.

-Aaron