Re: wai-pageauth.tgz

Johannes Ewalt Koch wrote:

> Hi there,

Hi Johannes,

> yesterday I downloaded the wai-pageauth.tgz file. The images directory
> includes the w3c_home.gif, but this image should be loaded from
> "http://www.w3.org/Icons/WWW/w3c_home". Another image used in the
> techniques document should be loaded from
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/iamges/table1.gif". I think it would be
> better for home browsing (I thought this to be one purpose for making
> archive files) to have all the images in the images directory and
> referenced using a relative URI.

It is a conscious decision to refer to the W3C logo with
an absolute URI. However, I agree about the HTML table
and that will be included in the next version of the document.
Thanks for pointing this out to us.

> The 26-Feb-1999 WD is much better than the 17-Feb-1999 version, I think
> :-)

Whew! Good to know we're moving in the right direction...

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814