Re: shortcut links?

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-WAI-PAGEAUTH/wai-pageauth-tech.html#tech-link-bypass

>    Marja

Yes, the highest and best practice is more general.

Yes, we want to make special mention of navigation link-clusters as
obstacles (tank traps).

My hunch is that we shold develop a few good references that this paragraph
should lead to and leave it pretty much at that.  One reference is to the
discussion of structural navigation in the UA guidelines.  The point is
that for web pages of a sufficient complexity it makes sense to
institutionalize this with internal links as well as having the User Agent
able to walk the structure tree.  Another reference is to the "table of
navigation" requirements in the DAISY/NISO Digital Talking Book document
model  That gives an idea of what targets should be navigable.  One or more
other references would be to HTML design courseware on the Web that treats
this well.  Kynn Bartlett and Tom McCain could maybe help with suggestions
for the latter.

HTH
Al