RE: Name of Page Author Guidelines

I don't understand what you mean by an application, other than a User
Agent or an Authoring tool / generating tool.

As I understand it at the moment the AU guidelines specify (among other
things) that the product of any tool which automagically generates (or
assists in the generation of) HTML should be producing code according to
the GL group's guidelines.

(Or am I just particularly dumb this week?)

Charles McCathieNevile