From: Jon Gunderson [mailto:jongund@staff.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 7:23 AM
To: dd@w3.org; Charles (Chuck) Oppermann
Cc: po@trace.wisc.edu; GL - WAI Guidelines WG (E-mail); cg WAI
Coordination Group (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Name of Page Author Guidelines

We are using the term document in the UA guidelines.  So maybe something
like.

WWW Document Universal Design Guidelines

The guidelines maybe should be called "Universal" since they also promote
the exclusive use of W3C standards and authoring practices that related to
the orginal intended purpose of elements.

Jon

At 12:21 PM 11/11/98 +0100, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

>> I prefer:
>> "HTML and CSS Accessible Design Guidelines"
>> "HTML and CSS Guidelines for Accessible Design"
>> "HTML and CSS Universal Design Guidelines"
>> "HTML and CSS Accessible Authoring Guidelines" (weak)
>>
>> You get my drift.
>
>Although it's mostly about HTML&CSS today, we will update it to
>include more SMIL, XML, XSL, MathML, SVG, etc. in the future, so the
>question is do we want to have to change a name that we are going to
>promote as some kind of brand name in the upcoming year.
>
>I agree Page is a vague term and I'll also add Author is ambiguous, as
>it refers to different roles: the designer, the user of a wysiwyg
>tool, the html-by-hand author, and maybe other.
>
>These guidelines are really about what *is* in the Web pages, so I
>propose:
>
> Web Content Accessible Guidelines.

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
1207 S. Oak Street