Re: Open issues

Wendy,
I would like to expand the D-Link reference issue to be a more generic use
of the REL attribute of the ANCHOR tag for adding semantic markup of the
document.  REL could be used for not only identifying D-Links, but site
navigation anchors and items in or for a table of contents for a dcoument.
UAs could use this information to create pop up lists.  This could be part
of the META information section of the PA guidelines.
Jon

At 03:35 PM 7/7/98 -0500, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Dear GL members
>
>We are building a list of open issues on the P A Guidelines.
>
>Below is a summary what we have so far.  For the complete document please
>see http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wai-gl-issues.html .   Please help us with any
>other
>ones you know of that aren't in this list.
>
>The first pass at the new techniques document will be available tomorrow in
>preparation for Thursday's teleconference call as well as an updated
>version of the GL home page.
>
>The Editors
>

>1	Easy to read version
>2	How should we handle interim and future techniques?
>3	How should we handle decision strategies for authors?
>4	How do we best coordinate issues with the UA group?
>5	D-Link Reference for Browser Detection (UA)
>6	How to handle long descriptions on OBJECT without longdesc? (UA)
>7	Which technique(s) should we select to handle ASCII art?
>8 What are the recommended techniques for tables?
>9 How do we define alt, title, and longdesc? (UA and AU)

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870