Re: B, I, TT, BORDER, Q recommendations

At 10:41 AM 31/03/98 +0200, Daniel wrote:
>I guess we need to be more precised and mention that we do not
>recommend their use for purely typographical presentation: use CSS
>instead, and if it's to note strong or emphasis, people can use STRONG
>and EM.

Right; B, I, and TT should never be used in place of a phrase element that
expresses the meaning.  But I don't think we should object to combining B,
I, and TT with poorly supported phrase elements (e.g., using I with Q or
INS), nor to using B, I, or TT in place of SPAN.

>> The BORDER attribute of TABLE is also not deprecated.  Given the weak
>> browser support for style sheets (particularly with borders and tables), I
>> don't see the harm in using the BORDER attribute.
>
>How about [Interim] and then CSS2 ?

I guess...  But is there really any accessibility harm in an author
specifying table borders in HTML?

>> >     use proper Quotations: BLOCKQUOTE and Q elements
>>
>> Is it too early to recommend using Q when almost no browsers support it?
>
>How about [New] ?

Sounds good.

--
Liam Quinn