RE: EARL And Validator

Hi Shadi,

as I understand it you can't use the full checkpoint URI for the Assertion
because then it becomes a global claim about what that URI represents, and as
soon as two of them conflict you have a problem. So you use a local URI for
each assertion, which refers to the checkpoint which was used as a test case.
In my Xform toolos I ask people to provide manually determined data about
each WCAG checkpoint so that is the test case but you are quite correct that
in most cases tools do smaller atomic testing, so should identify their
particular test - this seems to be what Chris is doing already. (Chris, is
that right?)

At some point it would be good to have a way of explaining that something
which passes tests X, Y and Z therefore passes test A - this has been assumed
throughout the development of EARL but never got into the spec. There is a
schema for built-in logic properties for cwm (TimBL's RDF processor) which
would allow us to deal with this.

One difficulty is that this is getting towards rules and queries, which are
not yet standardised for RDF - perhaps we should think about defining a
temporary structure until then. (I don't know - it hasn't been an issue given
that this group was out of charter and couldn't republish a spec anyway...)

cheers

Chaals