Re: Proposal: severity axis on test result

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> ah. I am not suggesting EARL have confidence levels at all. I am suggesting
> EARL have qualitative statements about a failure or pass - such as "meets
> requirements", "exceeds requirements", "fails solely due to the fact that it
> fails some other requirement", "fails in some cases", "fails in all cases".

That would be an interesting idea, which wouldn't require any of our
various axes. I worry that we'd always be adding new types though (one
thing I like about Pass/Fail/Can't Tell is that the possibilities are very
limited). Do you have a formal proposal?

> If you want to map confidence (trust) ratings, you should do so directly
> between trust vocabularies assigned to the different testers.

Sounds reasonable to me.