Re: My first EARL client..

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> Yep, I would've put out a robot harvesting a few likely sites into the DB,
> but as it's reliant on Nick's service, I didn't want to send a robot
> against it without his agreement

Aaargh ... now I'll have to find time to look at it so I know what you're
talking about!

>	and also thought it might be worthwhile
> waiting until the check is more exhaustive than just a validation which is
> of little real world use to people browsing.

OK, OK.  I wasn't going to go public with this yet, but there's a
nascent tool at <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/xslt/waitest.html>
you might like to look at.  With a suitable XSLT it will generate
EARL, but (as with the validator) I need to figure out what the EARL
reports will look like.  Any input to that (sbp? aaronsw? jim?)
will be appreciated.

> I have one question, that you're probably best served to answer - How do I
> combine two EARL reports, say a validation pass, but then a human coming
> in and saying, No, that's no good it fails WCAG 3.1 - how would I combine
> those in a single EARL report? - at the moment I was just going to use my
> moomin report as a catchall for a whole basket, but I might aswell do it
> properly and actually collate the reports of different test tools into
> one.

That looks like an agenda item for next meeting.

BTW - Jim - why not join us on IRC?

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>