Re: EARL Primer notes (process)

> I was not asked for my member password to read [2].  I
> believe it is meant to be world-readable.  Is that correct?

As Wendy already commented, yes it is. However, I think I can shed
some light on Phill's question - when one accesses documents under
basic authentication, you are usually only asked for your password
once in each session, and are then free to browse. If you have already
entered your password, then it is impossible to tell whether or not
something is private.

However, the W3C process [1] does say that all member-confidential
documents must be clearly marked as such. This mess wouldn't occur if
W3C stuck to this rule, but they don't, so tough.

In any case, all ERT mailing list archives, and EARL
documentation/source code/examples and so on are open to the public,
and covered by the W3C's open source/documentation rules at [2]. Share
and enjoy!

AFAICT/IMHO.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010208/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/