Re: Identification Problem [was: Re: Suggested EARL Changes]

I believe the EARL proposal at the moment lacks a URI from which one can
retrieve, verbatim, a copy of the representation instance that was
evaluated in
an EARL-reported test-exposure a.k.a. test-experience episode.

It is all well and good to identify what was tested by URI (and related
expressions).  For precision one needs to be able to, as Jim suggests, re-test
the old-date representation with the new tool if one wishes, after getting
different outcomes with two test exposures which differ in both date and tool.

This is exactly what I meant by trying to "localize the frontier in
experienced
outcomes."  You want to go back and locally fill in a regular pattern of test
exposures to see which difference made the difference.  Is the pass/fail
different because of the tool change, or because of the date change?

Al

<http://www.e-media.co.uk/>http://www.e-media.co.uk/ fails validity )