Re: EARL Announcement

I agree with Daniel. Repair is n the sscenarios, but we don't have a
framework yet for how to express it in the language - the best we have got is
a single pointer to "repair information" whatever that is, and I argue that
is not enough to be very useful. We are better assuming that repair
information is something we will owrk on next (if we don't work on a language
fro describibng tests)

Charles McCN

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

  > Why are you saying repair is not core?

  because

  > Personally speaking at least, I think it's an important part of EARL.  For
  > example, if I'm evaluating a web page, and I see some poorly worded ALT
  > text, I'd certainly want to have a way to suggest better ALT text.  And
  > once I do that, the output can be used for repair.

  as you say: the earl output can be used for repair, and for many other
  things: it's a evaluation report.

  there's no repair information ("how to repair it") in the core
  vocabulary we put together so far

  repair is just one scenario of use
  certification is another
  metrics chart