Re: Textual Images vs. Styled Text, Round Two *ding*

Kynn and William,
Could you please take this thread off the UA list.

Thank you
Jon

At 03:43 PM 9/27/2000 -0700, William Loughborough wrote:
>At 02:50 PM 9/27/00 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>>I think you may have missed _my_ point...
>
>Nope. Everyone's missing the "point" - there is no such entity as "image
>becomes "image" and must endure the same requirements whether it is an
>image of text or an image showing apples vs. oranges. It requires a
>textual equivalent.
>
>KB::  "I don't think anyone is claiming it's not, so I'm not sure you need
>to make this point so forcefully. :)"
>
>WL: The reason I'm sure that I do need to make the point "forcefully" is
>that somehow it has been allowed to slip by that images of text are a
>special case of images. They are not. IMO this also goes for PDF. The
>clear purpose of the guidelines applicable to this entire genre is that if
>there's any semantics in there it must be teased out. If not, then...
>
>--
>Love.
>                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund