RE: Are Small Text buttons level 2 compliant

At 1:28 PM -0400 9/26/00, Poehlman, David wrote:
>I explained this in the message.  what I disagree with is that the text can
>be small.  some people have low enough vision that they need larger text but
>not use assistives to achieve it.

Aha, okay.  So you are arguing that web designers have to account for
people who need assistive technology, could benefit from assistive
technology, may even have access to assistive technology (such as
the screen magnifier in Windows), but who choose not to employ it?

That's a very dangerous argument to propose, you realize...  I argue
that there are ways for those users who need larger text to get the
larger text without requiring that web designers _remove_ their
graphical text images.  The implications of placing the burden on the
web designer instead of on the user are that unreasonable expectations
are asked of the designer, and she is unable to reasonably comply with
those requirements.  Thus, she ignores them.

--Kynn
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/