From: w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-wai-er-ig-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Chris Ridpath
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 11:36 AM
To: WAI ER IG List
Subject: Technique 5.5.2 - Check TABLE elements for valid CAPTION
element

I think we should remove this technique because we already have a
requirement (technique 5.5.1) that the user enter a table summary. This
technique is redundant.

Table captions are rendered by the current Netscape and IE5 above the table
and this can be distracting, especially for layout tables. The table summary
is not rendered by these browsers.

If we do leave this technique in then it should be moved down to priority 3
from priority 2.

Chris