Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:25:40 -0400
From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Checkpoint mapping between WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0

Hello,

At the face to face meeting I took an action item to map the checkpoints
from WCAG 1.0 to the checkpoints in WCAG 2.0.

I used a table to format my results, however if you use tablin to linearize
it it should be readable.  When linearized, the WCAG 2.0 checkpoint is a
paragraph followed by a list of WCAG 1.0 checkpoint(s).  Let me know if
there is a better way to do this.

table version: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2000/10/checkpoint-mapping.html
linearized version:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2000/10/checkpoint-mapping.html,tablin

The issues that I identified while doing this exercise:
- There are 5 WCAG 1.0 checkpoints that do not have a clear home.
- There are 2 WCAG 1.0 checkpoints that were given a home but it's not
clear they belong there.
- Inheriting checkpoints from WCAG 1.0 will be tricky.  It might be best to
only prioritize technology-specifics.
- Several WCAG 1.0 checkpoint priorities are under debate, how or will we
handle?
- There are redundancies in WCAG 1.0 checkpoints.  WCAG 2.0 seems to resolve.
- Might be some redundancies with WCAG 2.0 checkpoints.

--wendy
--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium