Re: Joint AU/ER teleconferences

Fred,

I am presuming (based on experience) that the TUesday afternoon time of the
regular AU teleconference is fine for you...

cheers

Charles

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Frederick J. Barnett wrote:

  On stardate 30 May 2000, Charles McCathieNevile sent a subspace communication stating:

  > At the face to face meeting we agreed to look at having joint teleconferences
  > for the first call of each month, but didn't set a time.
  >
  > Since the first call of the month for each group is in about 2 weeks, we
  > should choose a time...
  >
  > AU is on tuesdays at 2:30 pm BOston time (11:30am US west coast, 8:30pm
  > Europe, 4:30 am Melbourne)
  >
  > ER is Mondays at 10 am Boston time (7am US west coast, 4 pm Europe, midnght
  > melbourne)

       Well, leave it to me to be the fly in the ointment. :-) 10 am Boston time
  is 9 am my time, and I'm usually not awake by then. Due to my situation, it's
  not just a matter of me setting an alarm. Mondays mornings are also the usual
  time I update my astronomy club's web site, but that isn't a big issue as it
  can (and has on occasion) be done later in the day, or even the next. But
  regardless, I really couldn't commit to attending those meetings at that time.
  An hour later would be better; two or more would be best.
       But, that's just me.

  Frederick J. Barnett                  http://www.eatel.net/~fred/
  fred@eatel.net
  HTML Writers Guild Governing Board Member     http://www.hwg.org/
  The Baton Rouge Astronomical Society
  http://www.eatel.net/~fred/bras/bras.html
  The BREC, LSU, BRAS Highland Road Park Observatory
  http://www.phys.lsu.edu/observatory/
  Secretary: International Association of Pyrographic Artists
  http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/4029/flambe.html
  "Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns
  Of Navarone