Re: LIFT Service -- any opinions?

I just tried it on

pacareerlink.state.pa.us

This page has a number of problems:

for example,

1. It comes up blank in lynx, apparently due to browser sniffing.
2. the navigation bar, which is an image map, has no alt text for the areas
3. There's a "what's new" gif with text in it, and missing alt text.

I should mention that the people responsible for this site are aware of the
problems and have committed to fix them.

When I anayzed this with LIFT, it got a rating of "excellent" .  it listed
only 2 minor problems, missing keyword and description metatags.

This page uses frames.  The problem might be that it only looked at the
frameset.

I'm using lynx 2.83 by the way, which does handle frames, so problem (1)
isn't due to using an old lynx.

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)  (800) 750-7428 (TTY)

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/