Re: WAVE

I have used it a few times.  It is useful for determining table
linearization order.

FYI The process that I usually use to quickly check out pages for
accessibility is:
1. Look at the page in Opera w/images off.  Opera easily allows me to
switch back and forth between viewing images or not.  Also, I use Opera to
look at use of style sheets (again I can turn this on/off easily), pages
without scripts (my default setting is to load scripts, but most scripts
only sniff for Navigator and Explorer, therefore usually break on Opera
which is always fun to see unless it crashes my machine which is fairly
often), I don't have any plug-ins loaded for opera.
2. Look at media-rich pages in MSIE5.0 to get the full effect.
3. If I'm doing  something more in-depth i'll run bobby.
4. i always end up looking at the code because the visual appearance of
pages is deceiving due to clever HTML tricks.   For example, I had thought
yahoo was using style sheets to create bullets for lists.  turns out they
use the following:
&#183; <a href="foo.bar">Foo</a><BR>
&#183;<a href="foo2.bar">Foo 2</a><BR>
5. i'll often use lynx.
6. depending on how in depth the review is, I will probably call a few
other people to look at the site.

automate that!! <grin>

I don't have suggestions for what to add, although picking any P1 from the
ERT that has not been implemented would be a start! <grin>

--w

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium