Re: Accessibility Report Tool

aloha, al!

if the report form is already too complex for the quote average unquote user
who just wants to tell the maintainers of a site quote hey, i can't use your
site, because [fill in generalities here] unquote, then perhaps we need 2
interfaces -- one for general complaints (i use speech and i can't use your
site, or i use lynx and i can't get at your usenet search feature) and an
advanced form for those who have more precise technical knowledge and/or a
familiarity with WCAG...

daniel, i can hear you shuddering at the thought, and so, if the ER-IG can come
to some consensus as to what each interface should include slash exclude, i
would gladly take responsibility for encoding the form-based front ends for
each...

gregory.

Al Gilman wrote:
>This depends on who your intended audience is; who is supposed to use the
>form.  On the one hand, it could be for consumers with one beef about a
>particular site.  Then the idea could be to put some authoritative and
>technically useful information behind the first round of "this site should
>be better!"  If that is the target audience, then the present setup is
>already too busy, and the form should approximate the QuickTips in complexity.
>
>Who do you imagine using the report generator form?

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
   WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
        <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>