Re: Stepping Down

Brent, thank you for your many years of leadership!!  I wish the best for you and hope Pearson will have a change of heart regarding the W3C.

All the best!!

--Adina

From: Brent Bakken <Brent.Bakken@Pearson.com>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 10:56 AM
To: Education and Outreach Working Group <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Subject: Stepping Down
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to write a note about my participation in EOWG and other WAI involvement. As of last week, I will not be able to continue as co-chair or participant of the working group due to various circumstances and my organization’s funding. I will not be involved as a member participant for at least the rest of 2023. I will be working within my organization to raise awareness and document benefits around the importance of Pearson being a member organization of the W3C and involved in the work of the Web Accessibility Initiative. I hope to return to the working group as soon as possible.

For the time being, know that I will miss you all. Please feel free to stay in touch using my Pearson email address.
Keep up the great work and I will watch for new publications throughout the year.

Take care my friends,
Brent

Brent A. Bakken
Director, Accessibility Strategy & Education
School Assessment
Pearson

512 202 1087
brent.bakken@pearson.com<mailto:brent.bakken@pearson.com>
US Central Time Zone – (remote office Texas)